- Noise robust UART / LIN over battery power line I/O transceiver.
- Seven selectable carrier frequencies.
- Selectable bit rates between 9.6 Kbps to 115.2 Kbps.
- Operates as a stand alone node.
- Eliminates the UART/LIN bus control wire.
- 8 general outputs and 8 general input pins.
- Sleep Mode for low power consumption
- Consumer electronics internal network.
- Avionics sensor - actuator bus.
- Vehicle sub bus for doors, seats, mirrors, climate control, lights etc.
- Electrical vehicle battery management
- Controlling LED network
The SIG61 is an independent slave in a DC-BUS Power line communication network controlled by a SIG60 master device. The device has 4 ID pins, 8 input pins and 8 output pins. Master SIG60 device reads and writes to the I/O pins and accepts LIN based commands.
The Network operation is maintained by employing 5 types of command messages: Read, Read-change, Write, Sleep and Change-Frequency. The command format is similar to the LIN protocol with some adjustments. Data, received by a Write command, from a remote SIG60 Master device is reflected to the SIG61 output pins. A Read command from the Master device triggers the SIG61 to send the status of its input pins. Its small footprint integrates most of the components needed for its operation allowing small size control solutions. The SIG61 is an economical slave device for applications as controlling motors, reading sensors etc., eliminating the need for dedicated control wires and a host controller for its operation. It reduces the harness size and increase reliability. A sleep mode enables power saving. Wakeup messages on DC line awaken remote devices. The SIG61 is useful for a wide range of Automotive, Avionics and Industrial applications such as sensor readings, actuator activation, doors, seats, mirrors, climate control, lights, Truck-Trailer, etc.
SIG61 internal function blocks
The SIG61 has internal narrow band modem, capable of operating in noisy environments. The receiver listens to the Powerline on its preset frequency. It filters out the signal from noise and interference and tries to recover the original command. If the checksum is correct, the SIG61 extracts the ID, Command and the Data.
If the received ID matches its own ID, the SIG61 proceeds to detect the received command. When a Write command is received, the data part of the command is directed to the corresponding 8 output pins. When a Read command is detected, the SIG61 responds by transmitting a dedicated message towards the master containing an image of its 8 input pins.
As can be seen, from the schematics below, the SIG61 requires very few external components.
|SIG61 Evaluation Board - The SIG61 EVB contains all the required components for quickly evaluate the SIG61 device.|
- 1 - 49 $8.2
- 50 - 99 $6.3
- 100 - 259 $5.51
- 260+(one tray) Contact Us
- Contact us
- By money transfer to Yamar's bank account
- Via PayPal by adding 4% PayPal fee.