- Interface using the CAN bus protocol
- Bit rates of up to 500Kbps.
- CAN arbitration over the powerlines.
- Built-in Modem, Error Correction and Synchronization.
- Replace the CAN bus control wire.
- Allows flexible network designs.
- Sleep Mode for low power consumption
- CAN over powerline truck trailer communication.
- Adding a redundant CAN channel.
- Replacing existing CAN buses
The DCAN500 is designed to transfer CAN messages over DC Power Line using the DC-BUS technology. It enables a new physical layer of CAN bus network for robust communication between electronic modules sharing a common DC power supply line. It avoids complex cabling, saves weight and simplifies installation. The device receives and transmits CAN2.0 A/B protocol messages. The arbitration over the DC line is based on the CAN message Identifier’s LSB 11 bits. The data is error protected; QPSK modulated using low voltage narrow band carrier, eliminating the EMC generated by the “square wave” of the normal CAN data lines. The DCAN500 is implemented in small CMOS digital process allowing integration with other CMOS IP such as micro-controllers. The DCAN500 is coupled to the DC line via capacitor, thus, there is no need for high voltage process such as needed by ordinary CAN transceivers.
This innovative solution allows low cost overall CAN implementation, combining power and data over the same cable, withstanding the hostile DC lines impulse noises.
The DCAN500 is divided into the following main building blocks;
- Protocol handling block, interprets the CAN host protocol.
- CODEC block, ECC encodes/decodes the data.
- Modem block, phase modulates and demodulates the data to and from the DC-BUS power line.
- CSMA/CA mechanism allow Carrier sense and arbitration capabilities to the device
- Sleep mechanism, ensures low power operation during sleep mode. During Sleep mode, the device wakes up for short period of time to detect possible wake-up messages from other devices on the power line.
|DCAN500 Evaluation Board - The DCAN500 EVB, contains the DCAN500 IP in an FPGA chip with all the required components for interfacing the DC-BUS.|
- Please Contact Us .
- By money transfer to Yamar's bank account
- Via PayPal by adding 4% PayPal fee.